Saturday 13 February 2010

Why bother reading the instructions!

I handed over my latest postcard to Brenda at our group meeting today and she was very pleased with it. Phew! However, someone pointed out to me that I was well ahead of the game and I noticed that our swap started on 6th February and not 6th January as I had thought! I did read the instructions, but must have missed that bit! Anyway, I've already started the next one so I'm really on a roll now.

Some hand stitching for a change today whule I thought about ideas for my next JQ. I think I will stick with the theme of my tree, but will do some sketch book work to get my ideas in order and PLAN!!!

At art class yesterday, we were confronted with dead fish from the museum store. Some of them were so brightly coloured that they looked as if they had been painted! We were using pastels, which actually gave lovely effects, but were a bit messy. Sandra and I chose to draw the same fish and we were really pleased with our efforts. So much so that we have decided to challenge each other to make a quilt (just a small one) based on the drawings. Oh, will there be an end to this whirlwind of activity!

On the way home from the bus stop this afternoon, a red kite flew over! It's been flying around most of the afternoon and it's the first one I have seen around here. I hope they are moving in as they are wonderful to watch.

Off to make curry for tea and watch the rugby. Come on England!

1 comment:

  1. I'm told that Wales won so my family'll be happy.

    Red kite in Leeds - wow! Are they not as rare as they used to be, or did Brenda put something in the tea. They were swooping overhead during my Black Mountains food poisoning episode - a bit like vultures I thought at the time!

    ReplyDelete