Sunday 5 August 2012

To do list

So now I have a lovely room in which to produce lots of lovely work, I'm spending most of my time on the sofa watching the olympics! But I have made a start quilting the disappearing nine patch quilt which I hope to send off to my DD for her birthday.

I signed up for a Craftsy class called quilting a big  project on a small machine  and there are a lot of different techniques which I'm sure will be helpful The main one is to ensure that your quilting surface is at the correct height and sadly, mine isn't! This makes it very difficult to move the quilt smoothly and ensure that the stitching is even. Still I am making progress and I hope to get it finished by the end of the week.

Just a little taster;






Then I have to get my fabric prepared for the dyeing workshop with Jo Lovelock at Festival of Quilts oh, and I must also do my four yellow journal quilts by the end of the month! So no pressure then!

And what is my DH doing while I am sweating over a hot sewing machine?



Boys and their toys!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely fabrics - and the quilting is looking good too - I'm sure she'll love it

    ReplyDelete