Friday 28 October 2011

Catching up

So we are a bit down in the dumps because we have put the house back on the market and the sold sign has been removed. On the plus side we are still attracting viewings from people who don't have to sell. We have fingers and toes crossed that one of them will want to buy and will not muck us about like the last lot.

It amazes me how people say things like "It's my dream home and we will definitley buy it" when they then disappear into the mist and don't actually appear to be doing anything about it. GRRRRRR!

We have had a couple of trips to Cornwall just because we want to be there rather than here and we've had some lovely days out.

Here is St Ives bathed in sunshine! We were feeling rather aggrieved because you now have to pay to park at the park and ride at Lelant and even worse, there were three empty parking spaces in the Island car park! So our trip cost us a bit more than we had expected especially after the crab sandwiches in the Sloop Inn.

We could not resist another trip to Cape Cornwall and this time, the van had Roskilly's Frozen Gooseberry Yoghurt ice cream! And we saw this
My DH just happened to have the camera in his hand, but unfortunately only one of them stayed in shot. It may not look much, but we get very excited every time we see them. For those who may not know, this is a Chough!

Anyway, decluttering and packing continues and I have been digging out the UFOs. Here is the Halloween quilt I started making last year. The panel was so lovely, I couldn't resist and I thought I'd have a go a flying geese. Not too bad really, but I don't think it would win any prizes in a competition.


The DH is doing a grand job of holding it up , hence the legs peeping out at the bottom. There was some fabric left over, so I also made a cushion which turned out quite nicely. Perhaps I could get into this patchwork thing after all!

However, I have now reverted to "ART" and am currently working on using Inktense sticks to colour fabric so that we've got something to show off at our next CQ group meeting next month.

But before that, I must go downstairs and finish cleaning the oven!













No comments:

Post a Comment