Friday 6 September 2013

Dry run....

Well strictly speaking it was a wet run and quite messy! These are some of the results fluttering in the breeze.



It's been a while since I did any dyeing with indigo and some friends suggested that we get together in a week or two as they would like to have a go and as I am an expert.........

So I checked my stash and the only indigo I could find was some I bought in 1993! I didn't think it would have survived to give the sort of results my friends would be expecting, so I bought some more.

I made up the vat and it did work quite well but I think the water needed to be a bit hotter as it ran out of steam a bit sooner than I had thought it would.

It is such great fun folding up bits of cloth, tying it with string and elastic bands, wrapping it around an old piece of pipe etc because you can never quite predict how it will turn out.

Now I'm off to put it all in the washing machine for a good rinse while I write up my notes so I don't forget what I did and what the results were. Aren't I good!!



1 comment: