Friday 10 February 2012

Goodbye to the Grid

The Quilt University course is now nearing the end of week two and after a struggle, I have produced a design for my quilt that I'm reasonable happy with. The next step is to do some colour studies to see which shapes need to come forward, and which need to recede!

Dena Crain, the tutor is very encouraging with just the right way of criticising without getting personal. There is a lot to read and the next lesson will be up tomorrow so there's still lots to do.

So here is the design, as yet not totally finished as it doesn't have a border. It will need trimming because now that it is full size (A0), it does have a lot of empty space at the edges.

It's a pretty awful photo, but I hope it gives a flavour!

So my DH and I have been discovering the delights of getting an image scaled up and then printed out and it's taken us most of the day! He is such a treasure, because the only way we found it could be done was to select areas from the original in Paint Shop Pro and then print each one and then stick them back together with magic tape! He stuck at it and now I have my design pinned up on the design wall waiting for the next step.

Tomorrow will be a busy day because we have someone coming on Sunday to view the house and it is in a real mess. Having packed most of my fabric, dyes, paints etc ready for the move that never happened, I then partly unpacked because I needed to use some of it!  Now stuff is littering the spare room and almost every surface has clutter on it and as we know, clutter doesn't sell houses!

Lasagne for tea tonight, so I'm off to get going on it before I start picking and ruin my diet!



No comments:

Post a Comment