Friday 9 December 2011

Sewing frenzy

I am in the middle of a sewing frenzy and loving my new sewing machine. Having made the school trousers for the GDD  I was commissioned to make a party dress! My DD and her family have been invited to a Christmas party at Braham park and so a new party dress is compulsory!
Not a very good photo, but she was pleased with the result and once she gets some sparkly shoes and has her hair done, I'm sure she'll look lovely.

Now all I have to do is finish the surpise gilet for the DH, the dressing gown for madame and a post card for a friend who's moving! So this weekend will be a busy one, and next week there's a lot on so it will be good to get down to Cornwall for Christmas and get some time to relax.

It's a good job the weather is so awful so we can't get out into the garden and I don't need to feel guilty about it. I hope all the poor souls who were without power yesterday will soon be reconnected.

Back to the grindstone!




1 comment:

  1. A very pretty party dress and I like the sound of sparkly shoes. I always wanted patent leather shoes as a child but my mum would never let me. Have a fantastic time in Cornwall. I'm sorry we won't be meeting up but hopefully we'll get together soon. Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete