Sunday 31 January 2010

Journal Quilts

Of course it would be easy if I had lots of ideas and the ability to transfer them to paper and then fabric. However, having taken the plunge to join in with the Journal Quilt project I am trying really hard to plan my projects and to think the designs through before starting off blindly and then finding it just doesn't work!

There is a poplar tree growing in my neighbour's garden and it's not really a thing of beauty, but growing up it and wrapping around it is an old Wisteria. This is actually growing in our garden, but as it was here when we came, we can't really take any credit for it! I find myself looking at this tree every morning when I'm drinking my early morning tea and I have become fascinated, (DH says obsessed!) with the way the wisteria twines around the trunk and branches. It was quite a picture in the recent snow as you can see, so I decided to use it as a design source for my January Journal Quilt. In fact, if I have gone so far as choosing a theme, I think this will be it.

So I have been hard at work trying to get the first little quilt finished, but as usual
didn't like the first attempt and abandoned it to be resurrected in another project  later. Likewise attempt number two, but the third attempt seems to have been successful and I've now uploaded it to the Contemporary Quilt Group.
Am I enjoying it? Yes, but still a bit scared that my efforts are a bit amateurish! More practice is needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment